Anyway..Thanks to my mother who accidentally saved my “under development” jigsaw puzzle, I can cool down my head a bit by completing my 1000-piece glow-in-the-dark disney puzzle, piece by piece, when my mind just got stuck. Actually, the whole house *excluding my father* has finished it together a couple weeks ago ^.-
Doing puzzle can relax our mind. Just like when we’re doing yoga. I suggest you to try it first with a simple puzzle of any pictures you like, so that you can frame it after you finished it. I assure you, it’ll be such a marvelous feeling! ;)
I just realized that I’ve lost a piece. It’s ONLY A PIECE again to complete the whole puzzle! T-T
Ok, if you have the same problem like me, you need to :
1. Check all over the place, just swept it all !!
2. Think think think… where are the places that you’ve put the puzzle onto.
3. Still can’t find it, then go check the puzzle’s box looking for all helps you can get.Lucky me, I found a post card which telling me how to get the lost pieces of the puzzle to the puzzle manufacturer. I found out that mine is produced by Tenyo Co., Ltd., a Japanese company.
If your puzzle is also produced by Tenyo, then here are what you need to do:
1. Look at the top left of the service card. There is a code of the puzzle (mine is : D-1000-146) and just a little below there is a due date of the service card (mine is : September 1999).
2. If you haven’t past the due date, then you should fill the information required on the card ( Address, Name, Male/Female, Phone Number, Age, the exact location of the missing piece ).
3. As you can see at the picture below, the missing piece is located by counting from the left and from the top.
4. When you’ve finished, send the card to the address printed at the front card (as you can see at earlier picture above- the one with red color).
5. If you have past the due date *just like I do*, as said on the card, you should contact the manufacturer (Tenyo) and asked whether they still can give the replacement or not. However, if it’s already past 5 years or more, they usually doesn’t have the replacement anymore. They may still produce the same puzzle you have, but they have changed the cutting edges of each pieces of the puzzle, so it won’t fit anymore. Anyway, just try to contact them.
As far as I know, Tenyo doesn’t have an official web site of their jigsaw puzzle product in English :
TO OUR OVERSEAS JIGSAW PUZZLE FANS
We are not accepting orders from abroad via our Web site.
Our jigsaw puzzles are produced under license of the various copyright holders and,
in most cases, the licensing agreements limit us to sale of the products in Japan alone.
It is for this reason that we have no English version of our site.
Thank you for your understanding and support (tenyo.co.jp/jigsaw)
They only provide an English version of the company profile’s website. While others (they produces lots of products besides puzzle) are in Japanese language. So I came into conclusion that they doesn’t have a contact information in English too.
Do not feel hopeless, yet. I still have some other ways :
1. Go to ask for help at The Imaginatorium Shop.
It’s a web site selling lots of puzzle from different Japanese manufacturers ( Apollo, Appleone, Artbox, Beverly, Epoch, Road, Tenyo, Yanoman ). The owner-Brian, is living in Japan. So he can help you to contact them directly. He’s a professional and he speaks English. Click here to ask for his help.
2. If your puzzle is not from a Japanese manufacturer and you cannot find a contact for getting replacements, try the Jigsaw Puzzle Doctor.
It’s a UK firm that makes individual replacement pieces for $ 8.98 (plus shipping and handling) per piece. Go to the Jigsaw Puzzle Doctor’s official web site for more information.
I hope that it can help you to complete your puzzle :)
So how was mine?…..
Hmm… I still can’t complete it.
Tenyo didn’t have the replacement of my puzzle anymore, though they still produce it *only with different cutting edges*. Not very surprising, since the due date has already passed over than 8 years :( The replacement piece’s price from the Jigsaw Puzzle Doctor is also too expensive for me *when it has converted into my currency*.
Nevermind, I think I’ll just have to frame it the way it is :)